Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Building Mad Capacity in Leetonia

Carlotta, checking in again. I've traveled north from Marietta and made my way to Leetonia, Ohio. This place has a lot of crazy stuff happening. Justin made me sit at his crazily over crowded desk and do paper work for what seemed like hours! Luckily I helped him get a lot accomplished. We called sponsors for his upcoming 5K race. Afterwards he took me to the park to show me around. I enjoyed reviewing some of the educational material he has put at the park. I got to see all the ovens and explore in the area. Justin informed me that they were constructed in 1866 and were the economic backbone of the community for 60 years! They employed 1/3 of the population of the town. I am standing in a coke oven, but I am only doing this under careful supervision from a relatively unqualified professional. Justin wants everybody to stay out of the ovens. Finally, we distributed some maps of the Village at the local bike trail. I got to see how the bike trail has a gap through town, and many bicyclists get lost. Justin is such an awesome hipster bicyclist himself that he decided to make maps showing people how to get across town and show them where all the neat stuff in Leetonia is. These must be helpful because this is the second batch he's had to deliver in 2 months! Welp, time to head to Indiana, PA. Please, don't let him put me back in the envelope...it's so dark in there. WAIT! AAAAAHHHHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment