Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Hittin' the Turnpike!


I’m Carlotta, an OSM/FlatVISTA with the Appalachian Coal Country Team! I’m pretty excited that ACCT Team Director, April Trent, is sending me to do some site visits in the field. It's only a couple weeks before our big spring training at Hawks Nest State Park in Ansted, WV, so  I’ve got to move pretty quickly from site to site.  
On my first stop I will OSM/VISTA Rob Jackson with Morris Creek Watershed Association (MCWA), just up the road a bit in Montgomery, WV. I hope that Rob will show me the new hydro-turbine that they’ve been working on.  I follow MCWA on Facebook and it looks like they’ve been hard at working to get the turbine up and running. I’m also looking forward to hanging out with Mike King and his dog Natalie, they are a fun pair to hang out with! After visiting Rob, I will hit the road and visit Sara Cottingham (West by god Virginia, waterfalls, social enterprise, and middle school science projects!), Derek Hennen (Ohio and rain gardens), Justin Hite (Ohio and coke ovens), Kelly Cossey (Pennsylvania, AMD treatment systems, and education), Doug Gilbert (West Virginia, Park revitalization and Owl Calling), Tarence Ray (Kentucky, watershed outreach...and artistic Appalshop people), and my final stop with Marina Metes (Nashville!!!, prescription drug take-back bins, and stream cleaning).

No comments:

Post a Comment